~ hello you ~

I find myself making simple cute cards to send to friends at the moment.

It probably has something to do with my recent non-stop weeks, juggling the school run, entertaining toddlers, working from home and the many groups and events my girls have on. Amidst the chaos these cards don't take too much space, time or mess to complete!




The stamp set I reach for time and time again is Lawn Fawn's Gleeful Gardens. I love the snails and the sweet little flower.

To start this card I used the square and circle stitched dies from Lawn Fawn to cut a square of patterned paper and a circle of white card. I stamped my scene in memento tuxedo black ink and coloured it with pro-markers.


I had a colour scheme in mind as I wanted to join in with Seven Hills Crafts 'July Colour Challenge'. Out of the three colour scheme choices I chose the middle 'apple' one.

 
The pro-marker colours I used were: Soft Green, Mint Green, Lime Green, Pastel Beige and Rose Pink.
 
After colouring I added the 'hello you' sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Scripty Sayings. I felt the card needed one more element to complete it and dug around and found a cuttlebug embossing board that fit the bill (not sure what is called but it had lots of smiley faced flowers). I don't usually emboss on my cards but was really pleased with the effect and must do it more! I adhered the square of patterned paper flat to the card base then the circle scene raised with foam tape.
 



I was really pleased with the finished result and it will be on it's way to a friend very soon, because after all who doesn't love a bit of snail mail!

Some of the products I used:

Comments

Popular Posts