Somewhere Over the Rainbow ...

Yesterday, I had rainbow themes in mind for two very different styles of cards.

Design 1 - Rainbow Butterfly

I had bought some small distress inks a while ago and for some reason I just can't get on with
blending them (it is probably me using the wrong tools and techniques so I will keep giving it a go!). I thought I would use them for water colouring instead and loved the results.

I have some old stamp sets from 10+ years ago in my collection which I no longer know the brand or name of as they are not labelled and it is one of these I wanted to use. It had these lovely butterfly, bee and flower images, along with some flourishes. I chose the butterfly and one of the flourishes for this card embossing them both with clear powder. I stamped the flourish with versamark and the butterfly in a black pigment ink.

I used my distress inks to paint a rainbow effect over the embossed images. The result was a little too uniform for my liking so I decided to 'smoosh' some distress ink on the image. It created a much better effect! I added a few water droplets to remove a little ink and then taped my finished image to a card base.

I toyed with adding a sentiment but in the end left it without so as not to over-complicate or distract from the image.

This card is different from my usual style and shows that I need to experiment more often!

 

Design 2: Rainbow Robots
 
 
I had great fun creating this scene with Lawn Fawns 'Beep Boop Birthday' (and some small additions from other lawn fawn sets).       Stamping it our with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colouring with a rainbow assortment of Promarkers.
 It is a simple one layered card, coloured and mounted onto a card base. One of my daughter's friends will be the lucky recipient :-).

These cards are being entered into:
  Lawnscaping Challenge #134 Rainbow

and

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Some of the products I used:

 

Comments

  1. Love these cards! Blending Distress Inks was very hard for me at first but practice, practice , practice! The paper you use makes a difference as well- they blend fabulous on watercolor cardstock! Happy crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip - i'll get practicing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts