I did a little shopping ...

I thought I'd share a recent little shop of paper craft goodies.

With my youngest daughter now at pre-school two mornings a week I am challenging myself to use one of those mornings for crafting. In particular paper crafts and card making. I have been watching you tube videos that have inspired me, and tempted me (!), to buy a few new items to play with.

I have a long list of stamps and dies on my wish list but decided with Christmas soon approaching I would head down the festive road. My first purchases were the Lawn Fawn 'Trim the Tree' and 'Sweet Christmas' clear stamps with co-ordinating dies. These will be perfect to use with the kids to make our Christmas cards this year and I can't wait to start playing with them. They are designed to be able to make your own little scenes - in this case a gingerbread house and Christmas tree. The dies will make it so much easier and look much more polished. My daughter loves the gingerbread people.


I am new to dies, after only remembering a few weeks ago that my mum had an old cuttlebug that was just sitting in a cupboard. I am excited to use it to try out different techniques and add those special finishing touches. To start building up a basic collection I opted to buy the stitched circles and stitched squares from Lawn Fawn (I wanted the rectangles too but they are currently out of stock). Not having to try and measure and cut perfect shapes is already bringing a smile to my face!

I also purchased the matching dies to the 'Hello Sunshine' stamp set I already own.
 
 Lastly I thought I would try some Distress Inks. I have seen so many cool tips and techniques for these recently that I needed to get some. I went for the mini pads in set 4 & 5.


I was lucky enough to find an online retailer (here in the UK) with very competitive prices, free shipping and (at my time of purchase) a 10% summer discount. It was a splurge that I rarely make but you have to treat yourself once in a while!

With these new supplies I am hoping to post a 'Make a card Monday' every week and may even have a go at filming some (which could go horribly wrong!) so watch this space.

Jx

Comments

Popular Posts