Hello Sweet Girl

My cousin and his wife have just welcomed their first child, a beautiful daughter, into the world. This card is on their way to them.


I was flicking through my stamps for inspiration and fell in love with the idea of clouds raining down hearts of love when looking at Lawn Fawn's 'Hello Baby'. Teamed with a few small elements from other Lawn Fawn stamps and a cute bear from Mama Elephant's 'Carnival Cupcakes'.

I needed something bold on the card and chose the 'Hello' from Walter and Winnie's 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'.

My colour scheme of grey, red and bronze gives a softer effect than my usual go to black ink and I think it works well for a new baby card.




I haven't used my Perfect Pearls for a long time but they created just the kind of metallic look I was after and reminded me how lovely the are and to use them more often! I used my versamark ink cube to stamp some of the falling hearts and the hello sentiment and brushed on bronze perfect pearls. I also added some around the edge of the image (slightly more scruffy than I intended but oh well!).

Some of the products I used:

Comments

Popular Posts