Calming Cross stitch

From childhood onwards I have sporadically enjoyed cross stitch. It is one of those crafts that is simple enough for a child but yet can become an exquisite and detailed work of art.

One day I would love to take on the challenge of a large and intricate piece, maybe when my children have flown the nest and I have a little more time on my hands!

A couple of past pieces I have sewn (which I want to re-hang in my children's bedroom) are these two small items:
 
I just loved this happy hopping frog design.
                                                                                I think I came across it in a book in my local 
library and had to sew him!










When my eldest daughter was born I intended to make her a birth cross stitch ... a year later I finally got around to it and created this little duck design. 'Duck' was one of her first words, she loved them, so it seemed appropriate to use them in my design.









My most recent project is a design to celebrate my youngest daughters birth (she's two and a half!). I am trying to make time for it plus I find it very calming and peaceful. It is a little owl and is going to look so cute in her room when it is finished.


Find some aida, pick up your needle and thread and have a go at this simple, calming craft :-)

Comments

Popular Posts