Summer Walk at a Nature Reserve

I love the seaside and am so lucky to live a short ten minute walk to the beach. I am down there at least once a week with my daughters be it looking for crabs in the rock pools, searching for sharks teeth (yes we do find them!) or just taking a leisurely stroll.

A little further down the coast is a lovely nature reserve - a bird watchers haven. It is great for a peaceful walk and a gander at the waterfowl inhabitants. I have a secret passion for birds and have recently purchased some pocket binoculars to take a closer look at them. I find the whole experience very relaxing, even with my constant companion of my two year old daughter. She even has her own little pair of children's binoculars!



Today was a perfect summer's day, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and we took a lovely walk. We saw, amongst others, little ducklings swimming in the shallows with their mother. Avocets and some of their ever growing chicks.





It is my aim to do some sketches of some birds in the coming weeks. I have neglected my drawing recently and it is something that, particularly as a teenage, I was constantly doing. I did some months ago enter the BBC Little Painting Challenge with a sketch of a blue tit which was fun. So watch this space for some new sketches in the near future :-)


Comments

Popular Posts